STRAWBERRY CREAM PIE
Shortbread Cookie Crumb Pie Crust [click here]
2 8oz blocks of cream cheese, room temperature
2 cups heavy cream + 1 tbsp
⅔ cups sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 cartons strawberries, sliced into halves or thick slices
- Preheat oven to 375
- In a small bowl, mix together Shortbread cookie crumbs and melted butter until a crumbly, moist mixture forms.
- Gently but firmly press the cookie crumb mixture into the bottom/sides of a pie dish.
- Bake for 12 minutes. Set aside to cool completely. (This is the only baking that you need to do for this recipe, so don’t forget to turn the oven off!)
- In a medium bowl, use an electric mixer to beat your cream until it holds firm peaks. Set aside in the refrigerator.
- In a separate, larger bowl, mix cream cheese, vanilla, and sugar until smooth and creamy.
- Fold about ⅓ of the whipped cream into your cream cheese mixture to lighten it, then add the rest. Gently fold until evenly incorporated and smooth.
- Spoon filling into your cooled pie crust, and spread it out in an even layer.
- Layer sliced strawberries in an overlapping rows around the top of the cream.
- Stick the pie in the fridge for a few hours to allow the creamy filling to firm up.
- Slice and serve immediately. Enjoy! (FYI, strawberries go fast, so this won’t keep very long. Try to eat everything within 3-5 days.)